Monday, January 20, 2014

1/13

Good Afternoon I hope everyone has had a lot of relaxation and rest this weekend. As most of you know we have had a lot of sick students last week, however I hope we are all at the tail end of it, and we can some back next week healthy and energized!

This last week we were able to finish most of our Dibels testing; we will finish the last few next week. I am excited to share how all of the students are doing. I might be a little biased but I think we have some amazing students here! 

In math we have been working on building numbers and taking apart numbers. We use math sentences like 2 and 3 make 5. The students have done great with this; most received 100% on their tests. Next week we get to start addition!

In Social Studies we have been learning about the weather and seasons. In art we made the four seasons with our hand prints. These will be posted on our open house night, along with writing about our favorite season. 

Last note, this summer we are doing a Summer Educational Camp for grades Kindergarten through 5th grade. Attached is a letter about this. I will as well email the letter out.

Jump Start/ Head Start Letter

Focus Wall: 

Reading: 
I know the last sound in a word. 
I can blend my sounds together. (C-A-T, Cat)

Math:
 I can add numbers up to 5. 
I can count to 100.
I can write numbers to 20.

Social Studies:
I know the different types of clouds.

Bible Verse:
Matthew 4:19
“Come, follow me, “Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”

Notes:
If anyone can donate some snacks that would be wonderful. THANK YOU to all of the parents who have already donated, it is much appreciated!
Open House January 28th @5:30 for Pizza and 6:30 for start time.

No comments:

Post a Comment