Friday, October 20, 2017

10/20/17

Happy Friday Parents! It has been a pleasure to talk with everyone the last few days! A few things I forgot to mention during conferences were that Payback books are now due back, and also don't forget to get onto Splash math at home. This is great practice for students and it is fun!

I want to apologize for not sending a blog out last week. I made a big mistake and accidentally erased all the photos from our Fire station and Grandparent's day=( I learned my lesson to not delete photos from my phone before my blog is publishes. I also did not get too many pictures this week. Next week I promise for more!

Dates

We have a lot going on as we go into November.

-10/28- Harvest fest- this is a super fun fest with carnival games and treats. The kids love it! I highly recommend stopping in! If you would like to volunteer, let me or Mrs. Warner know!

-11/4- 10am-12am- Volunteer opportunity- Saturday Morning Cafe. Drink coffee, get to know other parents and come help out the teachers with cutting, pasting, copying, and bulletin boards!  Child care provided!!

-11/9- Veteran's Day Assembly! All are welcome to our assembly! I am asking if you have any family member who has served to send me a picture so we can honor them this Veteran's Day.

-11/19- Harvest Dinner!! Come join us this Sunday to eat together and enjoy great company.

-11/20-11/24- No school!/ thanksgiving week


Notes
-Library is on Wednesday's! If your child would like to keep their books just have them bring them back and recheck them out. I believe they get a treat if they remember to bring them back.

- We are running low on morning snacks again=(


What are we learning

Reading

Letter M

beginning sounds and words in oral sentence

Verbs

Math-

Numbers 1-10
-Comparing numbers 1-10
-Ordinal number 1-10

Writing-
Stories all about me
adding words to our pictures

Social Studies
Community helpers

Science

Bats

Bible-
 Samson

Character trait-
Patience

Learning point- 
My strength and help comes from the Lord

Verse- 
G- God is love. 1 john 4:8



No comments:

Post a Comment