Monday, January 15, 2018

1/15/18

Happy Birthday MLK. 


I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend! I'm sorry I have been MIA the last week or so, the flu went through our house and I was the last to get it. I'm back at school trying to catch up today. I apologize for not testing on our Bible verses the last few weeks, we didn't get to practice in class too much so I felt bad testing them on it. Next week I will test on the bible verse which I will add below. We will not have spelling however, as we are starting our MAP and DIBELS testing.

Notes and events coming up:

-Please let me know if you would like to volunteer for our Valentines Day party. 

-Next week is our testing week, feel free to bring extra snacks and have children get some extra rest. 

-We are beginning to collect items for out Auction, if you know any local businesses or have a business please let us know and/or grab some of our auction letters to give out! Can't wait to see how our biggest year yet plays out!

What are we learning

Reading-

We are working really hard on blending sounds together and hearing the beginning, middle, and ending sounds in a word. 

The best thing you can do to help your child with reading right now is read the little paper readers I send home each night and to practice their sight words. I promise if you do these two things they will become great readers!!

Math-

We are taking our addition test Tuesday and starting Subtraction!! Yes, they do subtraction in kindergarten!! With how they are mastering addition I am not worried one bit about this smarty class.

Writing- 

We are beginning our writing for a reason chapter!! Be prepared to have students posting signs around your house=)

Bible-

   Story-Daniel and the fiery furnace. 
   Character Lesson- I can show courage when faced with negative peer pressure.
   

Verse:
Image result for psalm 8:1



Science-

Weather

Some pics from our last few weeks

























Let's pray for a healthy week with no interruptions=) If I missed anything, please feel free to text or email. 

Thank you,
Mrs. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment