Friday, May 4, 2018

5/4/18

Dates:

Next Friday is our Mother's Day Celebration! Please let me know if you can make it=)

-May 15th- Zoo Field Trip! I sent home slips last week, if you lost this there are extra ones outside the door.

-May 28- No school

-June 5th- Father's Field Day/ starting at 9:00-12:00ish.

-June 8th- Last Day/ graduation/ and program.

** We are putting on our talent show again this year on the last day of school after our programs. Auditions will be May 25th. Students in the past have played piano, sang a song, done a dance, or a skit. 

What are we learning

Math- We have just finished up our Math curriculum for the year! But I still have plenty planned, we will review what we have learned plus start to look at 1st grade skills! Out math time will look different too, instead of whole group I will work with small groups and they will get to rotate to different stations=) Also for homework have students work on Splash Math, I have promised students who finish the kindergarten level will receive a big prize from me! I haven't decided yet but I would like to give them incentive=)

Reading- In reading we are really working on blending our words, reading sight words fluently, and we have just begun substituting sounds. They are such a great group of readers.

Bible- Next week we will learn about Zacchaeus and how when we do something wrong we can repent (say I'm sorry and I won't do it again).

Writing- Writing sentences with capitals, periods, spaces, and correct spelling. We have also started our small moments writing, where they pick one small thing to write about rather than, I like the park=)

Science- The last two weeks we have learned about insects! Our caterpillars arrived today!



Here we are searching for insects to sketch and label.












Here students are comparing how far we can jump to how far a grasshopper can jump.




Here is our 4th and 5th grade class performing their class Chapel.






A little bit of our reading time



Sully as special helper





Have a great weekend!

-Mrs. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment