Saturday, September 7, 2013

Our First Week of School

We had an amazing first week of school! I feel very blessed with the great students I have.

Last week, we did a lot of learning procedures. I even had to do a lot of learning, but by the end of the week our class was doing very well. We also did some really fun things. 

One the first day we had a gingerbread man hunt, which we never found(I have a feeling we will be looking for him again later in the year=))! This gave us a chance to explore our school too. We also talked about our feelings on the first day, read The Kissing Hand, and did a craft to go with it.




We explored of the classroom, the materials we will be using, and how to use our materials.  We practiced using glue, scissors, books, pencils, crayons, and even toys.





My favorite part was starting our Daily 5. We learned 3 ways to read a book, with words, with pictures, and retelling a story. We explored our book boxes, and practiced how to read to self. On the first day we were able to sit for 1 min (This is really good for Kindergartners)! Our goal is to build our stamina (yes I use this word with them=)) and get to 10 minutes. I was also very happy with how the students could not wait to start writing in their journals; I was very impressed with their skills.
Next week, we are going to continue practicing our Daily 5, begin exploring math manipulative, start our specials, and start our All About Me unit. I will be trying my best to post every week about what we have done in class. I believe it is good for the parents to know what we are doing and it gives relatives like Grandmas and Grampas a chance to see what their grandkids are doing in class.  


Also do not forget Curriculum night on Tuesday at 6:30!

Thank you,
Mrs. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment