Sunday, October 20, 2013

10-21


We had such a fun week! We baked cookies, had grandparents day, Learned about colors, and more.

Our focus wall this week included:
Literacy:     I can identify beginning sounds.

Math:         I can count to 25
                I can recognize the number s 1-8
                I can write my numbers 1-8

Social studies: I can name the rainbow Colors and prime colors

Our Grandparents day went wonderful. It was so fun having the grandparents in our class, the students were sad to see them leave at lunch.

During the morning grandparents read to their grandchildren, did a fun fill-in-the-blank, and did some writing in their grandchild’s writing journal. Grandparents were also able to see what students are learning in library, music, and Bible.

In math grandparents had the chance to sit with the children and work at math workstations.

We ended our morning wonderfully with pizza and pictures, and a gift thanks to Shelly at Umpqua Bank. Thank you Shelly! The pictures will be printed off and one will be sent home with each child.

Here are some pictures of the students making cookies for our grandparent’s day.

In social studies we explored colors. Here are some pictures of the stations students went to while learning about colors. 

Just a reminder that picture day is coming up on Wednesday! You can send the picture form back anytime this week.


Another reminder is that there will be no school on Friday. This is a teacher work day.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I hope you enjoyed the pictures! (My next purchase is a new camera though! my pictures are very blurry=( )

~Mrs. Lee
























No comments:

Post a Comment