Sunday, November 9, 2014

11/9/14

I hope everyone had a great weekend! This next week will be a little weird with Tuesday off. Extra breaks are always welcome though=)


Literacy
Last week in reading, we started our second Unit. One of our focuses is blending sounds together. For example, I will ask the students what word is /c/, at. They have to blend these sounds together to make the word cat. This will help them as they begin to read and sound out their own words. We started a new set of sight words. Please practice these every night with your child.


Math
On Friday we finished out chapter 2 test. I will admit this test was slightly difficult because all of the counting they had to do on the first page. Counting with ordinal numbers is also very hard. This is their first exposure to it. Tomorrow I think I will give them another version of the test and average their scores. If anything to make sure they understand the math! Then on to chapter 3!


Social Studies
We have started our Thanksgiving unit, which we will do for 3 more weeks. They learn about why the pilgrims left England, what happened on the Mayflower, and how the first Thanksgiving came about.

Bible
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
-Hebrew 13:8


Notes
  - Last year we did a Thanksgiving party the week of Thanksgiving. The students made crafts and had treats. I am not sure if I will this year. If some parents would like to volunteer I would definitely get something started=) Let me know if you would like to!

-No School Tuesday.

- Harvest Dinner is Sunday November 23rd for family who can make it.

Thank you,

Mrs. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment