Thursday, December 29, 2016

12/29/2016



 Image result for happy new year 2017 clip art


Wow, our break is coming to an end! It has been quite long with the extra 3 days! I am excited to get back in the swing of things, as I am sure many of you are! Next week we will be practicing all of our routines again and slowly get back into the routine of things.


We are planning to hold our belated Christmas Party on Friday afternoon. Parents are still welcome to come, the performance will begin at 11:30, then lunch in the classroom and party will follow! I know many parents volunteered to cook food from around the world for us. If you would still like to that would be great, if you are unable to I completely understand! I would still like to have a little party after our singing if anyone would like to come and help=) I’m hoping for 2 volunteers. 

Image result for christmas party clip art

There will be a few adjustments to our new year at school too. One, is that after our winter break, we drop our rest time. I have found mid-year most kids do not need it any more. We will replace rest with more social studies and science=) I will send how towels and blankets Tuesday.

Another fun addition is we are adding "read to someone" during our daily 5. This class is just amazing and I am excited how well they are reading. I think they will really enjoy this!




Things to look forward to



Monday Jan. 2nd- no school

Begining Jan. 9th- MAP, DIBELS, Fountas and Pinnell testing

Monday Jan. 16th- no school

Tuesday Jan. 24th- OMSI

Thursday Jan. 26th- Open house for current students 6:30/ half day at school

Friday Jan. 27th- No school, teacher work day, end of 2nd quarter

Monday Feb. 13th- Mrs. Lee's Class chapel- Parents invited

Thurs.-Fri. Feb. 16th and 17th- Sonshine's Accreditation observation. Parents will also be given a time that they can come be interviewed and see the results of the observations (optional).

I have to say I am so proud of our school for going through this process, as only being open for 5 years. We are so dedicated to doing our best for your children and continually growing. Thanks for choosing to be apart of our school!

Here are a few articles I found that parents may be interested about handwriting, and the Common Core and why we use it.

Handwriting
http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/article/case-handwriting


common core
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rdcms-pta/files/production/public/K%20June20.pdf

Have a great, safe, happy New Year everyone!










Mrs. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment