Friday, March 28, 2014

March 28th

Happy Friday! I am so very excited for this weekend. I think around this time every year everyone starts getting spring fever. I think I have counted 10 weeks left! I’m going to miss them though! Look at me I am sad and still have 2.5 months! Anyways...=)

In Literacy this week we are still working on reading fluently, comprehending what we are reading, and sounding out words in our heads. In writing we are learning how to write stories about our lives. They have learned how to pick a topic, and write about the 5 W’s (Who, what, where, when, why). They are finishing up their rough drafts, and next week we will type up a final draft for them to illustrate.

Here are pictures of the kids mailing their letters to Disney characters today. It was pretty adventurous! We had to cross the road and keep all the students in a line because our mail box is by the road. We made it back safely though=)








In math we are continuing to practice addition and subtraction fluency, counting and writing numbers to 100, and lastly measurement and data.

We just finished up our Ocean Books that I would like to send home on the next conference. I picked a few students who tried their very best on the book to win a prize of an extra recess and doughnut. I am really trying to encourage them to do their best on everything.

In Bible we are talking about honesty. Today we sent a letter home explaining more about this. Please look in their folders to read it! Also in bible we are continuing our bible verse, Psalm 23 1-6. I thought it would be helpful if I posted the signs that I am using to go along with the verse.I do the same signs but our bible version is a little different, if that makes sense.  We will be  doing this whole verse on graduation day=)

Psalm 23:1-4

"The Lord is my Shepherd, and I shall not want. He Makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of he shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKBEHVMS0o

Art pictures! We have some amazing artists!







Notes:
  • Friday is our 100 point party. Students may wear PJ's, and we will be watching the Frozen movie. Pillows are welcome=)
  • The picture forms sent home today were for graduation pictures, which are on April 30th.
  • ·         We are doing a Mother’s day tea party this year. We will send out an invitation next month, but wanted to give a heads up in case you need to take a few hours off work. It will be in the late morning, 10ish.
  • ·         Please check student’s folders.
  • ·         April 1st is the last day to get early registration discount for the summer camp and for school.
  • ·         In May we are holding an auction for the school. Our class will be doing a basket. I wanted to do a picture of the kids spelling out Love with their bodies. If you have other ideas, or anything you think would go good with this let me know! Thanks!


Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment