Monday, November 18, 2013

11-12-13

Parents, I am sorry I did not have a chance to post this weekend. My family and I went to Seattle this weekend for my Nieces first birthday! But I figure better late than never=)

The Week Focus Wall:
Literacy: I can blend sounds to make a word.

Math:   I can write my numbers 0-20
         I can cou:nt to 50

Bible Verse: Psalm 118:28 You are my God and I will give you thanks’ you are my God and I will exalt you.

Social Studies: Pilgrims, Indians, and the Mayflower.


We just finished our Unit 1 test in Literacy and took our big test on Friday. It took about 45 minutes! That is a long time for our little kinders, but they did great! You should have seen the test sent home in their take home folders. We are now beginning our second unit.


Ways to help at home:
1.    Help students with sounding out and blending words. For example I might ask what word is /c/ /a/ /t/? and see if they can come up with cat. Or I might do it backwards and say what are the sounds in dog? /d/ /o/ /g/.
2. Ask questions when reading with your children? For example: what was the story about? What happened first? Who was this story about?
3.  Practice counting. Our goal is to be able to count to 50. We practice every day before math but still only about ½ can do it.

Important info:
·       Please remember to bring in a white shirt for our Indian unit, I only have 2 as of now! If you do not have one and cannot get one please let me know and I can provide one.
·       Please send back field trip permissions slips by tomorrow for our Tuesday trip to the Portland Children’s Museum.
·       Harvest Dinner is Sunday. We practiced our songs today and the kids did great! I am excited to watch them.
·       Would any parents like to volunteer for our Thanksgiving party? It will be next Monday from 1:00-3:00. We will be doing craft rotations.
·       This Friday is our P-Party! Our class earned enough points to get a party. The P is for P.J.’s, popcorn, pizza, and a P movie.
·       I have math homework packets for students who would like them for extra practice. I told them if they want to, and finish it and bring it back they get to pick something from our treasure box. The homework is based on the chapter we are currently doing.


My, this time of year is sooo busy! And fun. I hope everyone enjoys their week!


~Mrs. Lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment