Sunday, November 3, 2013

10-28

10-28-13
Even with our short week we had a lot of fun! Here are some things that we did.

This week we finished our unit on pumpkins by planting our own pumpkins! The students did an amazing job. I opened the top but they are the ones that took all of the pulp and seeds out. It was fun getting dirty and being real scientists! Each student helped put one spoon full of soil into the pumpkins and then I showed them how to plant the seeds inside. I am hoping next week we can see the sprouts start to grow!
We finished our pumpkin unit by going to the Pumpkin Patch! Here are some of the pictures.










We have been practicing our writing skills a lot lately. Right now we are focusing on sentences, and sounding out words. Here is a shared writing we did as a class together.The students took turns writing a word and they helped each other spell the words out.They were very proud of this and so was I!=)


It says, "We went to the Fire station. We seen a fire truck."


Focus Wall:
(I was writing the prior weeks focus, but I thought maybe it would be more helpful if I wrote the next weeks focus)

Literacy:
·         I can identify beginning sounds.
·         I know what a verb is.
·         I can write a sentence.

Math:
·         I can count to 40
·         I can read and write my numbers 1-10
·         I know my ordinal numbers (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ect…)

Bible Verse:
·         1 Samuel 12: 24a – But be sure to fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully

Social studies:
·         I know who pilgrims are and how they came to America.
Next week we will start our unit on pilgrims, Indians, and the first Thanksgiving. I will be sending home a little note about the different things we will be doing and some ways that parents can help next week sometime.





This just made my heart smile. It says Jesus loves you and God loves you too. I didn't even help them spell any words!They wrote this by themselves then showed me and I had to take a picture=)


No comments:

Post a Comment