Saturday, January 10, 2015

1/10/15

Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a great week back to school. I know it went by pretty fast. I was impresses by how quickly the students came back into the routine! This week we cut out our resting time. On Monday, the kids were very happy about this=) On Friday, I did have a few students ask to lay down=)

We started our writing workshop this week, and the students were thrilled! Had had many asking to work on their books at recess time! I can’t wait to share with everyone at Open House.

Literacy
In literacy, like I mentioned last time, we are working really hard on blending sounds together and hearing the ending sounds in a word. For the next few weeks we will continue to work on this. As well, for a few weeks, I will also be testing students, which I will share with parents for report cards.
A new sight word list was sent home today. PLEASE PRACTICE! We practice at school through our reading, poems, and writing, but it is really important for students to practice at home as well.
-K.RF.2c- I can put together word parts. I can take apart word parts.
-K. RF.1d-I know and can name all of the letters of the alphabet.
K.RF.2d- I can read CVC words. I can say each sound in a word.
- K.RF.3c- I can read sight words.

Math
In math we are continuing to work on number bonds, breaking numbers apart and putting numbers back together. We are also continuing to work on counting to 100 and counting by 10’s.
K.OA.3- I can show different ways to make a number that is less than or equal to 10.
Science
We started our Seasons/Weather unit this week and have been talking about winter and snow. Today we read “The Story of Snow”, made snowflakes, and talked about what snow is. Next week we are starting to talk about spring.

Bible
In Bible we are focusing on getting our hearts ready for Jesus. We talked about how we all sin, but we also can choose to make good, kind choices everyday to help our hearts shine for God.

Please forgive me for sending home the bible verse late. One of my goals is to remember on Monday! And next week I promise some pictures=)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  

Mrs. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment