Friday, January 30, 2015

January 30th, 2015

1/30/15
Happy Friday! Our field trip went great today. The students had a lot of fun, they were pretty exhausted by the time we got back though. We kept the rest of the afternoon pretty low key.

Here are some pictures from our last week

Playing with wind
We learned that wind is moving air 







Portland Children's Museum











Sharing Writing









Notes
·         I have not heard of any parent who would like to volunteer for the Valentine’s day party. Again please email or come talk to me if you can help set the party up.
·         I have about half of my students bringing back their book bags back every week (Dr. Seuss bags). If you can’t find it please email me so I know and we can work something out.
·         Our class chapel is on Monday. Please, please help them practice this weekend.  
·         New sight word lists will come home on Monday. Again practice those nightly=)


Literacy-
·         Middle CVC sounds. K.RF.2d- I can read decodable words.
·         Blending sounds together. K.RF.2c- I can put words together. I can take words apart.

Writing-
·         We are continuing to work on stories about ourselves. This week we are talking about speech bubbles and how to be an editor. On Friday we are going to have our writers celebration. Students will pick their best piece to share with the class. We will have some cookies and juice to celebrate their hard work=) Students will be bringing their work home to share. W.K.3- I can narrate a story about a single event. W.K.5-With guidance and support , I respond to suggestions from peers to strengthen my writing.

Math-
·         Last week, we started our chapter on addition, which will continue into this week. We have some new math stations for addition, so students have been learning about those as well. K.OA.1- I can represent addition using fingers, drawing and objects.K.OA.2- I can solve addition story problems.
·         We are continuing to practice our counting, and writing our numbers. K.CC.3- I can write my numbers to 20.K.cc.1 I can count to 100.


Social Studies-
Next week we are starting our unit on “All about me”. We will be learning about our bodies, our senses, and how to stay healthy.
Bible-
Verse- Psalm 100:1 “Make a joyful noise unto the lord.”
Next week we will be learning that Jesus heals, prays, and preaches

I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day! Have a great weekend=)

Mrs. Lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment