Saturday, January 17, 2015

1/17/2015

Happy Friday Parents!

Notes:
·       I have scheduled a few parents for conferences, let me know if you would like one, again it is optional.
·       We are running low on snacks for when students forget theirs. If you have anything you would like to donate to the class, that would be wonderful! Thank you.
·       Also, if you have a few clothes your student has outgrown, we have a bin of clothes at the end of the hall for oops moments. I was thinking coats, socks, leggings, ect. We do not need a lot, but a couple things would come in handy=)
·       Next Thursday is Open house, we have a lot of fun things to share, so I hope to see everyone there!

Literacy
In reading we are really beginning to work hard on sounding out our CVC (Consonant, vowel, consonant) words. Students are still learning to hear each sound in the word, the beginning sound, the middle sound, and the last sound. Once they learn how to do this, blending sounds together becomes much easier! Do not be worried if your child is sounding out a word like cab and says /c/ /a/ /b/, CAT!. This is a normal hurdle for students to get over in their learning to read, just continue to have them practice and eventually they will begin to hear the sounds more, they are just learning to train their ears=) (This actually helps with speech too!) Also helping student’s break words up into sounds is a great easy car activity! Say “break up pig”, and they say “/p/ /i/ /g/”. Their reading and writing will be helped tremendously!
K.RF.2d- I can read CVC words. I can say each sound in a word.

Here is a few pictures of the students reading together. I love kindergarten, because I get to watch the transformation of kids learning to read=)












Math
Next week students will be taking their test on number bonds (Taking numbers apart, and putting numbers together). They have all done amazing with this! I hope their test score reflect this. Next week we will begin learning how to add and subtract. Because they have done so well with this, I think adding and subtracting will come very easy to them.
K.OA.3- I can show different ways to make a number that is less than or equal to 10.

Bible
In Bible, we focused more on Martin Luther King Jr. We talked about how God influenced his life, and all the great things he did to help our country. Students wrote their own dreams of how to make the world a better place, with a few I love mommies and daddies in between=)

Science
In science we learned about rain. We read some cute books, made some rain art, and even made our own clouds! Here are a few pictures=)







I hope everyone has a great weekend! Side note, Tuesday I will have a substitute, Mrs. Hiller, who will be taking my class at the end of the year, I know the kids will love her! Here are some pics for fun=)



Spanish



Carsyn's birthday





Thank you!
Mrs. Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment